Milkbar Advanced Flow All-In-One Kits are an easy to clean 'all in one' design and do not have a traditional valve and membrane.
Sizing is important when it comes to comfort and effectiveness during pumping.
Signs you might need a larger size:
- You are unable to centre your nipple i.e have it inside the tunnel without it touching the sides
- You feel your nipple is uncomfortable and rubbing against the side of the nipple tunnel during pumping
- Your nipple is unable to move freely with the pumping motion
- Your nipple is being strongly compressed by the 3 phase motion to a feeling of discomfort or pinching
Signs you might need a smaller size:
- An excessive amount of your areola is being drawn into the nipple tunnel
- You experience a painful tugging feeling
- Your nipple is reaching the end of the nipple tunnel while pumping
- You can hear air moving or 'sucking' inside the nipple tunnel
- You are not experiencing compression of the nipple with the 3 phase motion
It's recommend to have 2-4mm of space surrounding your entire nipple for optimal fit. You can find your size by measuring the diameter of the base of your nipple, then adding 4-6mm to find the nearest size, if between sizes, it is recommended to go for the larger size.
15mm diameter base of nipple, add 4-6mm, nearest = 21mm
20mm diameter base of nipple, add 4-6mm, nearest = 25mm
23mm diameter base of nipple, add 4-6mm, nearest = 29mm